Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Strawberry Cake

Dear Layla,

When I was little, G-Ma (or as you've started calling her, "Ya-Ya") used to make me homemade strawberry cake for my birthday. I can still remember the bright pink icing. So yummy!


Now it's my turn to make it for you. I decided to use the recipe as cupcakes for you to take to Mama Jane's house to share with your friends at daycare. Each cupcake was decorated with a white dot in honor of your first birthday.



Here's the recipe so that perhaps one day you'll make it for my granddaughter.


Strawberry Cake
1 box white cake mix

1 small box of strawberry jell-o
1/2 cup water
1 cup oil
4 egg whites
3 tbsp. cake flour
5 oz. frozen strawberries


Beat the egg whites until stiff. Combine the other ingredients then fold in the egg whites. Bake at 350 degrees until done.


Strawberry Icing
5 oz. of strained frozen strawberries (just buy a 10 oz. container and split it between the icing and batter)
1 stick butter
Confectioner's sugar


Combine all until icing thickens.


Enjoy the tradition!


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment