Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pickle

Dear Layla,

You love pickles. The first one you ever had was at Firehouse Subs when you were about 9 months old. When you order a sandwich (I like the Engine Company without tomatoes), they always give you a pickle on the side. It was late, and by "late" I mean like 8:30. See, when you become a parent "late" is unusally "early" to most non-parents. You were acting tired and fussy, so I gave you my pickle. I wouldn't let you hold it, but let you bite into the soft middle part. You were in love.

From there, you progressed into eating cut-up pieces of pickle then to holding one and eating it on your own. Such a big girl!

Ya-Ya suggested that I grab the video camera and record you eating a pickle during tonight's Skype session. I am so glad that I did!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment